Our founder, Chris Rodgers, was a guest author on MartechSeries.com. The title of the article is “2023 SEO Predictions: How ChatGPT is Changing the Game”. In the article, the question was asked “What role will this tech play in SEO, will it replace SEO altogether?” Here we discuss helpful ways to use ChatGPT for SEO and why humans are still necessary.
Does ChatGPT Hurt or Help SEO?
Our agency is beginning to receive AI-written content from clients that want us to optimize it for SEO. We’re finding that the optimization process on 100% AI-written content is challenging. The time it takes to optimize AI content can be longer than the time it takes to optimize human-written content. Why? Because humans write with thoughtful intent, understanding the needs of the reader. AI can’t think. It simply spits out general information that may or may not be accurate.
So, does ChatGPT hurt or help SEO? It depends on how you use it. While we like to implement tried and true white-hat solutions to find optimization opportunities for your business, we’ve found that ChatGPT for SEO can be a helpful tool in a few ways:
- Keyword Research: You can use ChatGPT to generate ideas for keywords and phrases related to your business or industry. Simply ask a question or provide a topic, and get a generated response that includes relevant keywords.
- New Content Ideas: ChatGPT can help you generate ideas for content topics and provide you with inspiration for blog posts, social media updates, and other types of content.
- Competition Analysis: You can use ChatGPT to generate insights on your competitors’ SEO strategies by asking questions about their websites, keywords, and backlinks. Get information that can help you identify areas to improve your content and SEO strategy.
- Technical SEO Help: ChatGPT can provide guidance on technical SEO topics such as site architecture, URL structure, and sitemaps. Ask questions about best practices for technical SEO, or request a walkthrough of how to implement technical SEO changes on your website.
For best results, however, it is important to work with a qualified SEO professional to develop a comprehensive SEO strategy that’s tailored to your business goals and needs. AI tools can supplement your SEO efforts, but should not be relied upon as the sole source of your SEO content.
How Does AI-Written Content Affect SEO Content Writing Services?
Another SEO challenge for AI-written content is that we believe Google can detect when content is written by AI. To what degree, we don’t know. What we do know is that AI-driven content is being produced all over the world and companies are wondering what to expect from high-quality SEO content writing services.
Experienced SEO professionals will continue to produce high-quality content that is helpful to the reader first and foremost. Then, they will ensure it is optimized for the search engines for relevant keywords and phrases. These are some of the things you can expect from SEO content writing services here at CSP:
- In-Depth Keyword Research: Our SEO content writers research and identify the keywords and phrases that are most relevant to your business and target audience. They will then use these keywords strategically in your content to help with proper classification in search results.
- High-Quality Content: Our SEO content writing services offer content that is engaging, informative, and valuable to your target audience. This can include blog posts, articles, product descriptions, and other types of content that are optimized for search engines.
- On-Page Optimizations: Optimized content from CSP also includes on-page factors such as optimized title tags, meta descriptions, and header tags. This helps search engines better understand the content on your website and improve your rankings.
- Analytics and Reporting: We track the content’s performance to help us make informed decisions about future content strategies.
In general, we believe it is a good idea to work with an SEO professional when creating your website’s content. We take a business-first approach to every SEO strategy we create, including the content strategy. Reach out now to learn more about how we may use ChatGPT for SEO here at the agency. Our team is happy to answer any questions you have about any of our SEO solutions.
Read the full MartechSeries article featuring Chris Rodgers.