A few years ago, mobile SEO barely mattered. Everyone searched, shopped, and purchased on their desktops. We found restaurants, products, and services on our computers.
But times have changed.
Mobile SEO: How It’s Evolved
Mobile search queries outpaced desktop in 2015, and the gap keeps growing. When people Google something on their smartphone, they only look at the first couple of results. And when they visit your site, they expect it to load fast and look gorgeous on mobile–or they’ll bounce and find a site that does.
Doing mobile SEO well–from making your site responsive, to making it blazing fast; from optimizing for local searches, to doing mobile-specific keyword research–isn’t easy. It’s a whole different beast from desktop SEO.
But if you can do it, you can expect to reap the rewards as you show up at the top of Google for people looking to make a purchase decision.
In this guide, you’ll learn everything you need to know to dominate the mobile SERPs.
The Ultimate List of the Web’s Best Mobile SEO Resources
From AMP to mobile CRO, this guide has you covered.
- MOBILE WEB DESIGN FUNDAMENTALS
- MOBILE SERPS
- BOOSTING PAGE SPEED
- ACCELERATED MOBILE PAGES (AMP)
- LOCAL SEO
- APP INDEXING
- MOBILE KEYWORD RESEARCH
- MOBILE CRO
- ADVANCED MOBILE SEO RESOURCES
- MIND-BLOWING CASE STUDIES
Mobile Web Design Fundamentals
Not sure what responsive web design is or how to make your site mobile-friendly? A mobile-friendly site is the foundation of mobile SEO, because Google’s not going to rank pages high in its mobile index unless they’re optimized for mobile. But don’t worry; these resources will help you make your site responsive so it looks gorgeous on every device.
- The Complete Beginner’s Guide to Responsive Web Design Testing
- Responsive Web Design Basics
- Beginner’s Guide to Responsive Web Design
- Responsive Websites Explained
How to Drive Traffic Using Rich Cards
Rich Cards are dominating the mobile SERPs. If you can get a rich card for your best keywords, users will start flocking to your site because you’ll take up almost half the SERP real estate. Here’s how to use structured data to make sure your web pages show up as rich cards.
- Introducing Rich Cards
- Rich Cards and Google’s Structured Data Restructuring
- Google’s Future Is In the Cards
Making Your Site Blazing Fast (Which Google Loves!)
These days, it’s critical that your site is blazing fast–especially on mobile. If your site loads slowly, visitors will bounce and head to a site that doesn’t. Here’s how to make your site as fast as possible.
- How to Make Your Site Insanely Fast
- 9 Ways to Make Your Mobile Site Faster for SEO
- Analyze your site’s speed and make it faster (GTMextrix)
Using Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) to Drive Even More Traffic
AMP is the new frontier of mobile SEO, because AMP pages are lightning-fast. Here’s everything you need to know to start building AMP pages that rank today.
- How do Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) from Google Work?
- How To Get Started With Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP)
- What You Need to Know About Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMPs) – Whiteboard Friday
Dominating Your Local Competitors with Local SEO
Most mobile queries are local–think, “Italian restaurant near me.” And local queries are often transactional. If you can optimize for local searches, you’ll be on the fast track to more customers and more revenue.
- Optimizing Your Website for Local Search
- The big picture guide to local SEO: ranking in 2016 & beyond
- Local SEO: 5 Advanced Tactics for Greater Visibility
- How to Perform the Ultimate Local SEO Audit
- Local SEO Checklist
App Indexing: The Secret Your Competitors Aren’t Doing
If you have an app, it can be indexed. You’ll learn how Google indexes app content and what you can do to help searchers find your app.
- App Deep Linking For Beginners
- Everything You Need to Know About App Indexing and Deep Linking
- App Indexing & The New Frontier Of SEO: Google Search + Deep Linking
- Beyond The Web: Why App Deep Linking Is The Next Big Thing
- Your Guide to App Store Optimization
Mobile Keyword Research
People search in different ways on their smartphones than on their desktops. You’ll learn how to find mobile-specific queries so you can invest your time optimizing for the searches that matter.
- Keyword Research in a Mobile World
- Keyword Research: Finding Local Intent
- Mobile Keyword Research: Tools for Success
Converting Traffic to Buyers with Mobile CRO
Even if you get all the traffic in the world, if you can’t convert it, it’s just a number. In this section, you’ll learn how to turn mobile traffic into sales, leads, and customers.
- Ready for Mobile CRO? Marketing’s New Optimization Science
- Talking Mobile CRO With Chris Goward
- What Are Interstitials, and Are They Hurting Your SEO?
The Web’s Most Advanced Mobile SEO Resources
Done with the basics? Welcome to the advanced tactics that will help you take your mobile game to the next level.
- Advanced Mobile SEO
- Type No More: How Voice Search is Going to Impact the SEO Landscape
- How Voice Search Will Forever Change SEO
Mind-Blowing Mobile SEO Case Studies–Tactics That Really Work
In this section, you’ll see how, “in the trenches” SEOs and web designers have used tactics like app indexing, AMP, and responsive web design to grow their business. If they can do it, so can you!
- Case Study: Here’s How Moving to Responsive Design Website Helped Our Brand
- App Indexing – Case Study – And Why You Should Invest in Deep Linking Too
- Etsy boosts app traffic with Firebase App Indexing
- Relay Media helps publishers get AMP’d (Miami Herald and Daily Dot)
- AMP helps the Washington Post increase returning users from mobile search by 23%
Interested in top-tier SEO for your website? Colorado SEO Pros can help.
Chris Rodgers is CEO & Founder of Colorado SEO Pros, a boutique SEO agency providing a suite of inbound marketing services for small and mid-sized organizations. Chris has been working in the SEO and digital marketing industry for over 10 years and aspires to provide a better class of SEO and inbound marketing services to industry leaders across a variety of verticals. Connect with Chris on Twitter.